CETA – The Calcutta Electric Traders Association was founded in 1939 by Late D.N. Mukherjee, Late Damodar Das Mundhra, Late Jin Charan Dass, Late R.N. Kapoor, Late K.H. Tangree and others who had tried their best to make CETA to reach at the pinnacle.
CETA started its operations from the premises of Sri Debi Dutt Sarawagi presently known as M/s. Balabux Singhania & Sons, then shifted to Tiretta Bazar and then to existing current address at 55, Ezra Street, 2nd Floor, Kolkata – 700 001.
In 1972 a new Era began in the history of CETA when our own centrally located CETA hall was acquired with the untiring efforts of Late Gopal Das Mundhra, Office Bearers & Executive Committee Members. They deserved accolades for raising the fund. CETA Hall was inaugurated by Late Misri Lal Sinha under the presidentship of Late S.K. Khaitan, secretary Late A.N. Kapoor, Late Lal Chand Karnani - Building Committee Chairman.
Golden Jubilee year of CETA was celebrated in 1988-89 with great enthusiasm & energy. Trade Fair in Maidan, legendary singer Mahendra Kapoor Nite at Netaji Indoor Stadium and other important programs were organized under the presidentship of Late Gyan Chand Goyal, Secretary Sri Sunil Sobti & committee chairman Late S.K. Khaitan. Silver coins were distributed to all the members as memento.
In the year of 2013-14 Platinum Jubilee year was celebrated with great interest and devotion under the able presidentship of Sri Sampat Mal Bachhawat, Vice President Sri Sanjay Kr. Singhi, Secretary Sri Ashis Agarwal, Jt. Secretary Dr. Mukesh K Sinha, Treasurer Sri Kumbhan Das Mundhra & Platinum Jubilee Committee Chairman Sri G.D. Bagri. Silver coins were again distributed to the members as remembrance.
In 2019-20 a revolutionary step has been taken by CETA by introducing its new website and mobile app for the benefits of their members under the presidentship of Sri L N Mundhra, Vice President Sri Kishan Mohta, Secretary Sri Manoj Kr. Singhi, Treasurer Sri Giriraj Daga and InfoTech Committee Chairman - Sri Sanjeev Chharia.